October 15, 2022
Challenges and opportunities for Argentine Agricultural Women
As in other industries, women in agriculture face different challenges and opportunities in their profession every day. According to UN Women, they represent more than a third of the world's population and 43% of the agricultural workforce.

Within the framework of the month in which the International Day of Rural Women (10/15) is celebrated, female representatives of Grupo Los Grobo analyze their role and contribution to the sector:

Rebeca Corvino, Responsible for Quality and Port Logistics of the Group, when she entered Los Grobo she had her first challenge: to go live in Carlos Casares with her son who is only 6 months old (she is 19 today). Rebeca was the first woman to be in charge of a plant and spent 8 years in charge of the San Pedro plant. “Then I began to act as a link between the delivery, sometimes directly with the ports and our commercials, or directly with the clients, in everything related to quality, rejections, errors in the consignment note, etc. My advice to women is to never put your arms down,” she comments.

Jimena Cardaci is the Commercial Manager of Supplies of the Los Grobo group, she comes from a family of producers, and has always had an affinity for the agricultural world. “I have been with the company for more than 12 years and with great challenges ahead. Luckily today it is much more common to see empowered women combining perfectly (or sometimes chaotically) motherhood and personal life with the professional. Agriculture is a very dynamic sector full of opportunities”, she points out.

Magdalena Aragón, Marketing Manager of Agrofina, highlights the versatility of her career as an Agricultural Engineer. “It allowed me to get to know different areas and today I have an almost complete view of the business. And that is the beauty of Agro: it allows you to develop in different areas and find your way”, she affirms. Magdalena emphasizes the growth of the insertion of women in the field, the recognition of great Engineers, Scientists, even Essayists who have a recognized link in the sector.

Mónica Frandino, Agrofina's Development and Technical Service Representative, highlights agriculture as part of her identity. She was born and always lived in the countryside and her relatives are agricultural producers. According to Mónica, “it is a sector where socially and culturally the leadership role has been male. Today more women are seen taking leadership roles in the field in a prominent way.”

Nancy Panziraghi, Gte. of Production and Quality Molino Canepa. She advises all women, “not to condition their vocation, to study, to improve themselves. The same passion for the profession will open the way for them and allow them to find spaces where they are valued regardless of gender.”

The International Day of Rural Women, established by the United Nations General Assembly on December 18, 2007 through Resolution 62/136, had as its objective to recognize "the decisive role and contribution of rural women, including indigenous women , in the promotion of agricultural and rural development, the improvement of food security and the eradication of poverty”.

About Los Grobo:

With more than 35 years of experience in the agricultural sector, the group is a leader in the provision of inputs, services, grain marketing and knowledge within the food chain. It has 35 branches and 15 collection and processing plants strategically located in 5 Argentine provinces, through which 2.5 million tons of grains are marketed and more than 260 thousand hectares of crops are managed in an associated manner. Likewise, through Agrofina, it develops, produces and markets agrochemicals through a distribution network of more than 400 points with coverage throughout the country. Through its Mauá digital platform, more than 3,000 producers access information in a timely and useful manner to manage their activity and promote innovation and technology in agriculture.

The group has more than 700 collaborators throughout the country. As of June 30, 2022, its consolidated sales amounted to USD 820 million and Ebitda was USD 71.4 million. Currently, the shareholding control of the company is in charge of the Investment Fund Victoria Capital Partners (VCP), in 76%, while the remaining 24% belongs to Gustavo and Matilde Grobocopatel.

Automatic translation from spanish.

Go back