During 2021, through its Crop Protection Unit, Agrofina achieved:
- Reduce the amount of plastic delivered to the market per liter of product by 18.7%, based on the optimization of packaging design and the development of finished products with a higher concentration of active ingredients.
- Replacement of 100% of the lights of its Zárate Plant towards low consumption LED technology.
- Reduction by 10% of the generation of household waste generated at its Zarate plant, increasing recycling and composting.
- Maintain the ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 Certification of its Research and Development Laboratory.
- Reduce the amount of similar household waste by 16.20% and recycle an amount of 15,980 kg. waste (plastics, cardboard, paper and scrap).
Los Grobo Agropecuaria
Grupo Los Grobo has an Environmental Policy, whose objective is to produce in a sustainable manner, minimizing negative environmental impacts and making rational use of resources. In addition, there is a Security Protocol with the objective of defining the parameters for the application of agrochemicals in the fields where LGA has participation.
A plan to eradicate dangerous phytosanitary products was developed, and a temporary collection center for empty agrochemical containers was created.
Since 2012, Los Grobo has been certifying under the RTRS guidelines, Round Table Responsible Soy, with associated producers, which is based on 5 principles: comply with laws and good business practices, provide good working conditions, respect and create ties with local communities, caring for the environment and carrying out appropriate agricultural practices. Complying with more than 120 indicators that aim to monitor the evolution and status of each of the topics addressed.
Within the framework of this certification during 2021 the following actions were carried out:
- An evaluation of conservation areas in the soybean fields was carried out, where each of the fields destined for responsible soybean production was analyzed in order to determine inconsistencies from the point of view of the loss of biodiversity and threatened species. in the adjacencies of these and evaluate the possible effects of carrying out the aforementioned crops on Sensitive Areas
- An Agroeconindex 2021 evaluation was carried out, a tool that establishes a methodology to evaluate the environmental performance of rural production establishments in the Pampas region.
- With the objective of evaluating the Good Agricultural Practices under our production system, a series of indicators were chosen that allow us to self-evaluate ourselves. Good Agricultural Practices (GAP) are those that allow us to achieve a sustainable development of production. The guidelines of the GAP Manual are: 1- Selection of a safe site for production 2- Use of water on the farm 3- Suitable preparation of the land 4- Seeds with identity and quality 5- Safety and health protection measures for the workers 6- Sanitary management of crops 7- Installations and management of the establishment 8- Management of harvest and post-harvest products 9- Product traceability system.
- Identification of impact and measures, referring to the planting process, work and harvest of RTRS certified soybean crops.
For more information:
Analía Ayala, Head of Sustainability
Automatic translation from spanish.